LIVE STREAM FOR MASS AND OTHER EVENTS
Lord's Day Mass (reservations are required)
Sunday: 8:30am & 11:00am
All Masses are live streamed on the SJV Facebook page.
SACRAMENT OF RECONCILIATION
The church office is closed to the public.
Please call 563-332-7910 or email [email protected] for an appointment.
Phones will be answered during the following times:
Monday - Thursday: 8:00am - 4:00pm
Friday: 8:00am - Noon
The diocesan protocals with remain the same despite the governor's proclamation made in February 2021. We will continue to offer in-person Mass, but ask that all parishioners "double down" on safety precautions, including proper hygiene, physical distancing of at least 6 feet, and wearing a face mask over both the mouth and nose with a firm seal below the eyes and under the chin.
We urge parishioners to choose the "Mass - Parking Lot Option" if you wish to receive the Eucharist but avoid gathering inside. (Reservations may be made here.) If you could have been exposed to COVID-19 or if you or someone in your household has an increased risk of infection, we encourage you to remain at home and participate via the live stream (SJV Facebook or SJV website).
SJV continues to follow safety protocols that exceed the Governor's recommendations for COVID-19 mitigation practices.
Sprouts and Children's Liturgy
These two programs are currently suspended until further notice due to COVID-19.
Sprouts Nursery is available during the 8:30am Mass on most weekends during the school year.
Children's Liturgy of the Word is offered to children in grades 1-3 during the 8:30am Mass
The mission of St. John Vianney Parish, a faith community inspired by the Holy Spirit, is to bring all God's people closer to Christ in the community of the church by spreading the good news through active, dedicated ministries committed to:
prayerful active liturgy;
a deepened understanding of the faith;
sharing our faith with our children and others;
and active social justice and Christian service.
St. John Vianney is a welcoming, liturgical community calling all members to Christ-action.
Readings for the week of May 9, 2021
- Sunday: Acts 10:25-26, 34-35, 44-48 / Ps 98:1, 2-3, 3-4 [cf. 2b] / 1 Jn 4:7-10 / Jn 15:9-17
- Monday: Acts 16:11-15 / Ps 149:1b-2, 3-4, 5-6a and 9b [cf. 4a] / Jn 15:26—16:4a
- Tuesday: Acts 16:22-34 / Ps 138:1-2ab, 2cde-3, 7c-8 [7c] / Jn 16:5-11
- Wednesday: Acts 17:15, 22—18:1 / Ps 148:1-2, 11-12, 13, 14 / Jn 16:12-15
- Thursday: Acts 18:1-8 / Ps 98:1, 2-3ab, 3cd-4 [cf. 2b] / Jn 16:16-20 Ascension: Acts 1:1-11 / Ps 47:2-3, 6-7, 8-9  / Eph 1:17-23 or Eph 4:1-13 or 4:1-7, 11-13 / Mk 16:15-20
- Friday: Acts 1:15-17, 20-26 / Ps 113:1-2, 3-4, 5-6, 7-8  / Jn 15:9-17
- Saturday: Acts 18:23-28 / Ps 47:2-3, 8-10, 10 [8a] / Jn 16:23b-28
- Next Sunday: Ascension: Acts 1:1-11 / Ps 47:2-3, 6-7, 8-9  / Eph 1:17-23 or Eph 4:1-13 or 4:1-7, 11-13 / Mk 16:15-20 Seventh Sunday of Easter: Acts 1:15-17, 20a, 20c-26 / Ps 103:1-2, 11-12, 19-20 [19a] / 1 Jn 4:11-16 / Jn 17:11b-19