Sick and Home-bound - If you or a loved one would like to have a Eucharistic minister bring communion once a week, please call the office (563-332-7910) to make your request known. We will contact you and put you on the schedule as soon as possible.
For First Communion information, please contact Jeannie Moran at (563) 332-7910, ext 113.
LOW GLUTEN HOSTS
We have a supply of low-gluten hosts for those who are unable to receive Communion because of gluten intolerance. It has a gluten content of less than .001% or 10ppm and is approved by the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops. If you wish to use this bread, here is the procedure:
- Before Mass, go into the priests’ vesting room off of the Gathering Space.
- You will find glass containers for both the bread and the pyx.
- Place one host in a pyx, close it, and place the pyx on the altar before Mass.
- During Communion, as you reach the priest, deacon or Eucharistic minister, ask him/her to give you the pyx from the altar.
- You open the pyx and receive Communion. Receive from the chalice if you wish.
- Keep the pyx and return it to the glass case in the vesting room after Mass.
- If you have any questions or concerns, contact the office or a Eucharistic Minister.